Monday, December 15, 2008

Last night at Brother Jimmy's we celebrated in Kevin's name...




It started out as a Fundraiser but it quickly turned in to a celebration that started at 9:00 p.m. with wristbands galore. Brother Jimmy's offered an amazing drink special to get the troops aboard and once in the doors the girls and I came around with raffle tickets for equally amazing prizes. I must take a second to Thank the generous people that donated their talents and time and hard earned money for Kevin.

Cynthia Russel donated a 90 minute private yoga class (value of $90). Billy Kerr donated a private 90 minute Pilates session (value of $90). Mia Baer donated a 90 minute private yoga class (value of $90). Steps on Broadway donated a package of 10 dance classes per Chelsea!! (value of $110) Brother Jimmy's donated 2 free dinners (value $50). Michael Brager donated a photography session (head shots! a value of $300) Cutting Image hair salon and I donated hair cuts and color services (value of $255)

Big Thanks to the girls at Brother Jimmy's and the Bartenders (Vince and Joe!!) DJ Will- you're awesome! And all the AMAZING people who came to support and donate..... Thank you, Thank you!

Our gaol was $5,000.00 Last night We raised $3,200.00!!!!!!! Not to mention the donations from last week and two other donation jars yet to be counted. WOW! I've been told to shoot big , it never hurts... and last night we did, and we did great!! "It's amazing what we can do when we pull the family together."- Mike D

Just to let you know I was so excited I called and woke up my parents at 3:30 am Their was nothing but happy tears and much appreciation! We also video taped and took tons of pictures to put together a DVD so that one day Kevin can see how much HOPE we all have for him!

More to come....

4 comments:

wolfepackmama said...

I'm so proud of you Bridgey- you make me smile with happy tears. Kevin is so lucky to have you as his sister- We love you and thank you for all you do for those you love...
Wen

SP said...

I LOVE IT!!! Wendy is so right You are such a great sister. He has a great family and support team. We love you guys Keep the wonderful news a comin

Because it's Kevin... said...

You guys are great.... This all happened so fast. I can't even believe all the things I wanted to have happen, happened. I didn't do this all by myself... I was definitly lead if you know what I mean! Crazy... but I will keep this up dated. Everyone has been so wonderful- I couldn't be happier.

Unknown said...

It brings great joy to my eyes to know that Kevin is doing better I just found out yesterday and almost broke down in tears, I grew up with Kevin when I was younger, Kevin and Clayton were to of my best friends growing up I lived right around the corner and when we moved Kevin and I lost contact from each other, and I regret that my name is Clayton also and I grew up with Keving we spent so much time together at your house in Mohave Valley, I am away at college now but I was told about Kevins condition last night and I thank God he's doing better, I also would love for you to keep me updated my email is cfarber@email.Arizona.edu please keep me updated.